Sunday, February 15, 2009

An Apostle in Zurich!

We had the neatest experience this week, Elder Bednar from the twelve Apostles came to Zurich and did a "let us ask questions to him" type fireside for our stake (over 1000 people came)! After listening to him teach us through his inspired answers (and his wife also spoke some) for about 2 hours, I knew without a doubt, he has been called of God to be an Apostle and to testify of our Savior, Jesus Christ. I could have stayed all night soaking up the wonderful Spirit that he brought with him. And he is actually a very funny man too, with a fun sense of humor. I left feeling totally uplifted and ready to be a better disciple of Christ and thus a better mom, friend, wife, etc. What a cool experience for us!
The girls are doing great too. Here is a few updates...
Emeri- learned to go potty on the toilet, yipee! Most often used sentence, "I do it all by myself!" Yes, she is three. She also learned to pedal on the tricycle through the house and as she zooms around the corners she yells, "ARRIBA" (from Dora). Emeri's favorite thing to do lately is sledding. She would go all day!

Siena- Still changes her mood from one extreme to the other very well. She was telling me this week "I'm going to be sad that we don't have school for 2 weeks!" mom says- But last week you told me more than once you didn't want to go. Siena- "Ya, but now I LOVE it!"

She wants to be an astronaut and fly to Saturn, and after that she wants to be a mom. She loves anything to do with space right now. She is a great support for whatever new thing Emeri is trying to do and is very enthusiastic about her new "potty" experiences. Every day she comes home from school and asks very first, "Did Emeri go potty on the toilet?"



Siena was not a happy girl at this hour and Tony got a few funny shots of it!

We have to have the frown's to appreciate those beautiful smiles from her when we get them!
"For it must needs be that there is opposition in all things."
2Nephi 2:11


6 comments:

t and britty said...

how cooool! the picture of the unhappy siena is so funny. how fun to play in the snow.

Andrea and Alex Barker said...

Love to read your posts. You guys are in trouble when Siena is a teenager :)

jessicalangprice said...

Hey, cute post! I loved hearing from Bednar as well, what a great night that was. I think those pics of Siena are so classic! And the fact that Emeri loves sledding - Kelsey was the same way this winter. I could not get her off the sled! I'm glad the snow is finally melting now and we're getting some warm weather!

Tiffany said...

Rachel, I have been dead to the blogging world for awhile, but it's so fun to see pictures of your family! Hope things are going well!

Thomas Family said...

Such cutie pies. I love to see pics of them getting big since I don't get to see them in person. Hope all is well with you and yours!
Alysia

Anonymous said...

裸聊视讯聊天 , 裸聊视讯聊天 , 裸聊视讯聊天 , 裸聊视讯聊天 , 裸聊视讯聊天 , 裸聊视讯聊天 , 裸聊视讯聊天 , 裸聊视讯聊天 , 裸聊视讯聊天 , 裸聊视讯聊天