Wednesday, June 25, 2008

GIRL'S TRIP!!!!!!!!!!


I got to do a really great thing in May, I went to Florence, Italy with 3 other girlfriends for a Tuscan cooking class! We spent a Saturday cooking, and then eating what we cooked. It was some of the best food I've had! Gnocci and panna cotta (like pudding, but better) were my favorites. I love being a mom and wife, but it was so fun to just be a "girl" for a few days. We spent the weekend laughing, talking, and just being girls. I am so lucky to have such great friend over here. They keep me sane! :) Thanks Janelle for organizing a great trip!






(Tall Tuscan man-our chef/teacher)
Making the ravioli's wasn't as easy as it looked. But maybe now I can help with the Mascaro Christmas dinner, mom!

























Sightseeing and hanging out was the other part of the trip. It was so fun walking around the city, eating ice cream, and, (with Ashley as a superb tour guide,) seeing great museums. The statue of David is truely an amazing thing to see. The gelato ice cream is also a favorite! And what a beautiful city!


















































6 comments:

Tuesdee said...

Seriously I am SOOOO JEALOUS!! It is so beautiful there and the cooking classes look like so much fun! I'm going to make Ben take me there... someday. :)

Shontz Family said...

so fun to relive the trip again through your post! and i loved how you said, "so fun to just be a girl for a few days!" my feelings exactly! can't wait for the next one!! (ps...you forgot to put in something about your awesome bartering and map holding skills!)

t and britty said...

that must be just about the coolest thing in the whole wide world how lucky! what a great thing for you and your gals to do. wait, what tony had the girls? i love the pictures.

Thomas Family said...

It's so fun to see what you're up to over there. I sure miss you and the other girls. I'm with you on the panna cotta. YUM! It is one of my favorite things. You can't find good stuff over here at restaurants, but I have a pretty good recipe. Looks like a blast.

Anonymous said...

fun and so great that you are updating your blog more! we love to see photos of the girls and what you all are up too!
we miss europe and i we miss hanging out! i am going to utah end of month for 3/4 weeks. whens your next trip back?? have you decided how long you are going to stay there? -crystal

Tiffany said...

That is AWESOME! I want to dig into that Pesto right now!